What a wonderful way to wake up and start 2018! (Yes, it’s taken me this long to compile this). Thank you, alyssaspeaks for nominating me for this ingenious award. I love your work, your poetry is beautiful, eloquent, and at times mesmerising. ‘Sculpted’ is one example – ‘Nomads graze art museums’ – I love that line.
So, here are my favourite and nominees:
10 random facts about me:
1. My favourite colour is the silvery colour of evening sun on the ocean.
2. People always assume I’m a vegetarian. I am now, but even when I wasn’t, I apparently exude vegetarianness.
3. I don’t intend on having children. Ever.
4. I’m a very anxious flyer.
5. My siblings and I all have the middle name ‘Leighton’.
6. I was a MASSIVE Harry Potter fan growing up.
7. One of my jobs is as an actor. Have a degree in it an all.
8. The coolest thing I’ve ever auditioned for was the live-action remake of the Little Mermaid. Don’t know if that’s still going ahead…
9. My mum had me when she was 44. So, thanks mum. Go you.
10. Though it happened a long time ago, the achievement I’m proudest of is getting the highest literature mark in the state when I graduated high school 🙂
Questions from alyssaspeaks:
- Is travel an integral part of your lives? If so, where have you visited?
Yes. 1000 times yes. I feel like whenever I’m in Australia, it’s simply a pitstop (albeit a long one) before I get out into the world again. That said, my absolute favourite place I’ve visited is actually just ‘across the pond’ as it were – New Zealand. I could rave for hours about the breath-taking landscapes, the quality of the air, the friendly, cheeky temperament of the people…but luckily for you, reader, I already wrote a post about that.
Other than NZ, I’ve visited most of Europe (except Spain, Greece, Malta, and Russia), New York, Japan, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong…I think that’s all.
- What is your passion in life?
Cultivating my own eudaimonia.
- Why did you decide to write/blog on WordPress?
I needed an outlet for my writing, and by making it public I wanted to overcome my fears of putting my work out there and being criticised.
- What is your favorite food to cook?
Tough one…probably lasagne. Vegetarian.
- If you have a favorite film, what is it and why?
I don’t think I have one. But honorable mentions to ‘The Skin I Live In’ for an astounding concept, and ‘Life is Beautiful’ for being, well, beautiful.
- In what season were you born?
- Do you prefer warm or cold weather, why?
I used to say cold, because you can always rug up, but I realise now that I am happiest in Summer. And Australian Summer – so 40*C.
- What is your favorite book?
‘The God of Small Things’ by Arundhati Roy. The best, most poetic, heartbreaking writing I have ever read.
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- Describe your personality and how it impacts your life.
Hard-working, people-pleasing, independent, introspective, kooky.
It’s…fun but tough. I wish I was more self-assured.
Questions to my nominees:
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What were/are you like in high school?
- What’s the thing you’re proudest of so far?
- What advice would you give to your past self?
- What’s the biggest challenge in your life right now?
- Do you feel like you’ve ‘got it together’?
- What’s your favourite place in the world?
- How old do you feel?
- If you could move to any country, which would it be?
- What’s your favourite book?
The Liebster Award is:
An award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so others (and me) can check out your answers!